"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

places of her heart

Every Human Has Rights

January 23, 2009


It is written in Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) Article 3, that everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person. This is one of the values that I’m holding to since my childhood and I hope I still believe in it till death come along. This value had grown and affected me in some ways. This value makes me choose to abolish death penalty because from my point of view, death penalty is, indeed, the ultimate denial of human rights, and one of the biggest violations of the right to life as it proclaimed in UDHR. It’s so inhuman form of punishment, and it’s done in the name of justice. I don’t believe that justice had to be earned in such a way.

The right to life is for everyone as it said in UDHR, entitled everyone without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

So, like it said, it’s for everyone. But, what about the unborn ones? Is it entitled with the rights to life too? or the unborn ones have to wait till the day they born to have the right?
What if they don’t have a chance to life because of their unwanted status?
Who can protect them from the punishment of “death penalty” done by their parents and communities?
Yep, I recognized abortion as death penalty to the unborn ones. And the worst thing of all, it punishes the child for the sin of the parents.
Some people give excuses for rapes and sexual violations's victims to practice abortions, its said to protect the reproductive rights of women. Women can choose whether they want to gave birth a child of a rapist or not. I think, they considered that these unborn ones don't have the right to life.

So, are the unborn ones included in the terms of human before the law? and can they enjoy the recognition of equality in the rights to life? The truth is I don't know the answer. But I really hope, its would be YES!!!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment